Getting ready to move? See below for some helpful moving tips from our moving guide that you may (or may not) have thought of. Straight from our experts!
Must-Have Moving Supplies
- Boxes: Cardboard, Plastic Bins, etc.
- Packing Paper: Newspaper, Paper Towels, Tissue Paper
- Tape: Duct Tape, Moving Tape
- Markers: Sharpies, Magic Markers, etc.
- Scissors and/or Box Cutters
Important Questions to Ask Before Moving
- Is there a freight elevator?
If so, use it! This will make bringing up boxes and large items much easier.
- Can I borrow a moving dolly from the community?
If not, you may want to bring one to help with heavy furniture and stacking boxes.
- Should you ask friends to help or hire professional movers?
You may be surprised how much time and money you’ll actually save with professionals. Call around for the best rates!